Monday, 19 April 2010

Mallow Making : Take 2

After my last failure I've been searching high and low for a decent veggie mallow recipe.  One without too many weird ingredients and I came up with this.


I don't want to go into the details of the recipe.  But I followed it pretty much perfectly.  And I ended up what can only be described as a viscous milky liquid that resembles... well I won't say what it resembles because I am a lady you know... lets just call it stuff.




What I had was stuff.  With a crunchy layer of browned sugar on top.




Nothing even close to a marshmallow.  Just gross. Disgusting!  And now I'm sad.  Very very sad.




I just want a mallow!

5 comments:

  1. so very very sad Kelly. I encourage you to write the author of the recipe (her photo looks kinda scary!) and see what she says. Other than making sure the egg whites are @ room temp. and the bowl and beaters are squeaky clean....i can't offer any advice. cousin Christophe (if ur going to Xaviers )may have some advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, poor Kelly! You look so sad :( I hope you're able to get the recipe to work, or find some vegan mallow's somewhere <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww so sad.

    But you are the prettiest sad person I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzy - the eggs whipped up nicely but then when I added the syrup everything fell flat. Could it have been the syrup was too warm?? I msged Christophe on facebook and told him he has to help me! But we can't afford to go to france for the first communion, and its probs a good thing because of this volcano business.

    Angela - I am SO sad, I do know you can buy them online but they're pretty pricey and I just really NEED to make them on my own. It's like a challenge you know?

    Emz - why are you SO nice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelly! Awww your marshmallow sadness makes me want to give you a hug :) I responded to your comment over at EADL... fingers crossed that gets you on the right track!

    ReplyDelete

Followers