Nick thinks they are pretty much hideous. But I think they are so much fun! Can you imagine what a good conversation starter one of these would be? "Hey, where'd you get that alien head on your wall?"
Or how bout a white rabbit feltidermy? It looks so happy just hanging out there.
Look even Anthropologie is selling them, meaning I must not be completely out of my mind, because anything Anthropologie sells is inherently cool, right? RIGHT?!

Ever since working with them, I've had a little obsession for rhinos so I am totally loving that rhino head. But, for some reason on their website I can only find the giraffe and zebra for sale. Not that it matters, as the husband has firmly put his foot down on heads in the house.
Question - When will he learn that women do the decorating? Maybe our relationship hasn't quite caught up to modern day equal man/woman relationships, but lets get real - he goes to work, I do the cooking, the ironing, and various other womanly tasks. (Apparently my husband has never heard of the women's lib movement, sorry Susan B. Anthony looks like you did all that work for nothin). Anyways, I don't get why decorating needs to be a collaborative effort. We don't have style, I have style. And as long as he asks me if his ties match his shirts every morning then I should have free reign to decorate right? I think so.
So what do YOU think? To hang heads or not to hang heads? That is the question!
*Note: my husband isn't actually as chauvinistic as I am making him out to be. Our current separation of duties is a result of my FUNemployment, not him being an A-hole.



love them ... I a huge deer fan, love the red an white one
ReplyDeleteI think the heads are cool , I like the jazzy deers!! As far as decorating , ask Dad what I think!! You probably know the answer to that already!!
ReplyDeleteHaha wow those heads are... interesting? I see where you're coming from with the style vs no style thing lol but I do think he maybe has a little say in the decorations - that is if it's his house too. If it's not, you go all out baby! If it is, maybe compromise? If he gives you the head, you can let him put something you don't particularly LOVE in the arrangement.
ReplyDeleteThen again, you could always just do it without telling him and see how that goes over haha good luck!
oh wow i love that felt rabbit wall mount. super...cute? in some weird way? haha =]
ReplyDeletepostcardsfromdreamland.blogspot.com
Before I read this post I would have for sure said "NOT". After seeing a few of these though ---- I'm a for sure "MAYBE". ;)
ReplyDeleteOkay, the first thing I thought of was Pioneer Woman using something similar to decorate her Lodge ( http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeandgarden/2009/01/random-peeks-2/ ). They can totally work if done right :)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'd like to add that I'm totally against hunting and think actual deer heads on a wall is horrible :( But I'm guessing you feel the same way ;)
they sorta creep me out. :/
ReplyDeleteI love the first ones - they definitely lend to an ecclectic look!
ReplyDeleteI definitely think that women should be able to have a little more free reign, especially if you are in charge of all the domestic duties, but if he really hates something is it worth the fight?
haha I love the response this is getting. I mean I don't really think anyone is on this fence with heads in the house. I'm pretty sure when you guys have said "interesting" or "maybe" what you really mean is "that is effing hideous". haha I think that is the appeal of them to me. They are certainly UGLY but I just think they're SO fun. I can't stop thinking about hanging the alien head in the corner of our living room now because I think it would make me laugh the most.
ReplyDeletealready tried to get this done months ago...again Scott seems to think he needs veto in the decorating situation (which is why my apartment still has all the charm of a mental institution)
ReplyDeleteFrankly, BFFAEAE should have a clubhouse somewhere to decorate with this
Those wall mountings are much better than the actual stuffed ones.
ReplyDeletei think a cute tasteful one would be really fun!
ReplyDelete