Thursday, 30 December 2010

Christmas 2010

My first Christmas away from home....

Nick cooked for me...


Heidi got to sample chicken, a rarity in our mostly vegetarian house...


My mother-in-law came to visit...


We finished decorating our living room, and Nick got his first real tree that he can remember, just in time for Christmas.


I wore sparkle gold nail polish 
and drank enough bailey's and coffee to make me jittery until next year....


I kicked ass in scrabble.  
Nick thought he had us beat with "urinal
but I seemed to surpass him with a few clever placements of words like "debt" and "Jew"...
(even if they did accuse me of cheating...sore losers if you ask me)


Santa came...


Nick's mum got Heidi a snuggie, which she ate.


I made Cincinnati's favorite Christmas morning breakfast, 
Virginia Bakery's Schnecken... with lots of love and butter; 
which rose more than I thought it would...


But it still turned out alright, though it seemed to need MORE butter.  
Honestly, what doesn't need more butter - right?


I hope you had a very Merry Christmas too!

4 comments:

  1. You can never have too much butter! (: Glad you had a great Christmas! Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Pics!! Your Snecken looks so good!!
    I think Heidi really grew this year!! Wow!!
    I miss you at Christmas though so that is the only one away !! Okay????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so in love with the gold nail polish! Looks like a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Followers