Thursday, 16 December 2010

Baby I Like You Just the Way You Are

So I was going to post some pretty before and after shots today and show you some of the hard work we have been doing to the house, my new hair do, and my birthday present, but apparently, my memory card is broken.  Boo.  You'll have to wait to see what a hipster I have turned into lately.  Anyways here is a run down of the past few days with some Etsy art I've had my eye on just to spruce this lame post up a little bit.
I wish I could have one of these made of me and Doodle.

My birthday was on Saturday and it was very very good.  Nick got me a diana mini and I love her.  Then our Ikea furniture arrived and we spent the day building furniture.  We went out to a restaurant in Sheffield that was actually decent, (these are hard to find here) and saw the new Harry Potter movie.  Nick didn't get it so he has ordered all the previous ones on Love Film (similar to netflix) so we can have a movie marathon.  I hate movie marathons because my butt gets numb, but I kinda want to rewatch all the movies too.  Anyways the best part of Saturday was NOTHING bad happened.  This is unusual for my birthday.  I was soooo pleased.


I want this for our bedroom super bad.


On Monday we went to London and I took my diana for her first real spin.  I hope the pictures turned out!  We had a fabulous time.  We went out to lunch on Charlotte Street, and shopped till we dropped on Oxford and Regent Street.  I was SO happy to find Anthropologie has opened on Regent Street, and I got a little overwhelmed at Top Shop.  I think I've been living in the country too long because the crowds were getting on my nerves.  But we still had fun.  I must say though I was disappointed the Christmas lights were exactly the same as last year, Nick says they usually change them each year, so it must be a recession thing.  Also, Selfridges is my favorite place to shop in London, but they TOTALLY let me down.  We were planning on picking up decorations in their Christmas shop, but they were all effed up and picked over.  I bought a pair of boots there too, but they have a tear I didn't notice and now I need to figure out how to return them without going to London.  Luckily, Anthropologie made up for Selfridges' suckage.


This would be perfect for Nick's study, too bad it's out of our price range.


In other news, I had my hair highlighted blonde, but you can barely tell.  We picked out a new fireplace, I ordered flooring for the downstairs, I got a job interview (eeek!), it's snowing again and I'm almost finished painting the living room.  Once I get a new memory card I'll have so much to show you!!


ps. I found out what my mom got me for Christmas today, and I knew what Nick got me for my birthday a few days before hand.  Online shops should be more careful not to ruin surprises.  Do you guys know what you're getting?

7 comments:

  1. I was so excited to get this for you !! I want to see a really cute photo of you and the doodle on the most fabulous bike I ever saw!! Merry Christmas Kelly and Nick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got hooked up girl! Loooove the humpacked whale art and the diana mini! My birthday is tomorrow - woooonder what I'll get (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Kelly, even if it was Saturday !
    Can't wait to see all your pictures !! Your glitter wall was amazing, so I'm sure that the entire house must be soo great !!
    Good luck for the job !
    Merry Christmas to Nick and you, and Heidi !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the artwork. YEA for a good birthday! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind on my blog reading! Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope it was wonderful - sounds like it was.
    You have great taste in art... I'll take one of each, Santa. PLEEEEEEEEEASE.
    Can't wait to see the new 'do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to hear you had a great birthday. & Your trip to London sounds wonderful. I fell in love with Topshop while I was there and unfortunately we don't have any in the states except for one in NYC. So I've never been. Best, best of luck with the job interview.

    & I can't wait to see pictures of all your recent adventures. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to see all the pics soon! especially the new hair! happy belated birthday and early christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Followers