Anyways, always one to eat my feelings, I whipped up some good old American style pancakes for brunch this Sunday morning.
Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter (plus extra for frying)
- 2 large bananas chopped
In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and vanilla, then add the melted butter and whisk again. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing well and then add the bananas.
Melt a little butter over medium heat and cook the pancakes until nice and golden, about two minutes per side.
Then smother them in organic pure maple syrup.
Oh Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.......
Seriously these might be the best pancakes ever. I'm usually an Aunt Jemimah box mix kinda girl myself, but they only sell that shit on the black market and totally overpriced here. And while I am a fan of everyone's favorite aunt, I mean she sure does help you whip up some pancakes in a pinch, I do think that these home made from scratch babies are kinda putting her to shame.
Moist, delicious, and they got an extra little somethin somethin from those bananas and cinnamon. I think you'll love them. Oh and they're made with whole wheat so they're "healthy" right? Rhetorical question -don't answer that.
hey! i'm with you. We are totally reluctant to start thinking about going back home- with everything paid for here, and great job security, why would we move to where everything sucks? i am very excited to go home in three weeks though. Wishing you all the best in finding a job. xx
ReplyDeleteKelly YUM!!! I don't think I can make them look like this picture!!! Christie Shannon
ReplyDeleteCan't Nick get a headhunter and yourself so when you move back it you have a job? I think you have to do this to feel secure. I really hope this would work~ I miss my family being all together!
ReplyDeleteYour pancakes look delish!
don't leave me over here!!! and i will be using that recipe. did you know that syrup is like, $11 here???
ReplyDeleteholy mother of elvis! these look soooo good! what great pictures you have!! i love me a good stack of pancakes every now and then. also, i scrolled down to your other posts...LOVE the "speaking british" instructions!! how funny!! thanks for sharing...joanne
ReplyDeleteshotty putting an order in for when i come over!! yum yum yum!!
ReplyDeleteKera - I hope you have a great time back in the states! I would love to talk moving home with you since we are in similar situations.
ReplyDeleteKrystal - syrup is seriously overpriced here too, but we decided to go for it this weekend haha. I'm really bad about spending too much on groceries...
Joanne - Thanks for stopping by!
Eb - I can't wait for you to visit!! I'll totally make these for you!!
wow those look fabulous!! its colin!! i forgot my password but im making those dank lookin pancakes
ReplyDeleteI've just tried the recipe, perfect pancakes! Tks ;-)
ReplyDelete