Nick and I are on a bit of a health kick lately. He's been pretty stressed about his trip to Tunisia, Algeria, and Morroco so he's been feeling a bit rundown. Therefore, being the supportive wife I am I came up with a lets get healthy plan. This plan included a trip to Holland & Barret's, which is a really great health store in England. They sell lots of vitamins you've probably never heard of but upon entering the shop you'll feel like you most certainly need to be taking.
We walked out of the store with urban wheatgrass which is supposed to detox and energize, and ground flaxseed, which is full of omega 3,6, and 9 which is good for the brain and can be difficult to come by in a vegetarian diet. We also got lots of pills, naturally.
Then I found this website, Green Monster Movement, which has tons of recipes for this so called "Green Monster" basically a miracle smoothie containing spinach which will make you energetic, your hair grow, and your skin look fabulous. Sounded promising.
So this morning we made our first green monsters. We used the "Virgin Green Monster" recipe for our first time - it seemed appropriate.
Here's what we did:
We put 4 cups of spinach into a blender.
Then we added two packets of urban wheat grass and two tablespoons ground flaxseed.
Then 2 bananas.
Then about a cup and a half of milk, and we hit GO!... Then Nick tried to pour it into glasses...
Clearly, that went well.
And here was our final result. Honestly, not bad at all. Definitely won't satisfy your smoothie king fix, but probably way healthier. Now I just can't decide whether to declare myself a mean green fighting machine ala teenage mutant ninja turtles, or just a dirty hippy. Let me know what you think.
def dirty hippy
ReplyDelete